Pro Tips for Dipping
Don't forget, practice makes perfect, but here are a few tips we have learned along the way.
After dipping into the powder, use our Precision Tool to remove excess powder buildup around your cuticles. This helps to prevent premature lifting at the cuticles and allows a smooth, clean grow out.
When using chunky glitters, try laying your finger flat into the powder, as opposed to dipping into the jar, this applies the glitter in a smoother fashion and makes the shaping job much easier in the end. Also, be sure to press the glitter flat after dipping, and make sure to top them (encapsulate) with Clear dip so you can file and shape them without ruining the gorgeous glitters.
Before starting the dipping process, make sure your nails are nice and clean, use isopropyl alcohol to clean them as water right before a manicure can cause lifting. Remove any cuticle from from the nail bed with a cuticle pusher, and file/trim as needed.
To begin, use Prep/Bond (1) to dehydrate your nail beds to allow for maximum adhesion.
Apply a thin even coat of Base (2) staying away from the cuticles, and dip or lay your finger flat into the powder. use our precision tool for clean up around the cuticles. Once done this step on all fingers, dust away any excess powder with your powder brush.
Repeat the base and dip process as many times as needed for desired thickness (usually 3-4 dips/layers) 7. Repeat process on every nail.
Once desired thickness is achieved, apply the Activator (3) to the entire nail including the free edge & let dry for 2 minutes.
Once dry, file, buff if nessecary, and shape. When you are done your shaping dust your nails off and re-apply Activator (3)
Wait 30 seconds, then apply Top Coat (4) in two quick strokes. Let air dry (about 30 seconds, you will see the top coat crinkle a bit) then apply a second layer of Top Coat (4) this time being more detailed and capping the free edge. Once Done, your nails will be fully dry in about a minute.
There are a few options for removal. You can use our "Take It Off" Dip & Gel Remover for a gentle, easy, removal process.
Gel Method Dipping Instructions
Prep your nails as always by pushing back any invisible cuticle and cleansing with alcohol.
Gently scuff and apply gel primer to all nails and cure for 1 minute for extra adhesion.
Apply a thin layer of base gel avoiding your cuticles and skin and gently lay the nail flat into your powder or pour the powder onto the nail. Use our precision tool to remove excess from cuticle area if nessecary. cure 1 Min and dust off excess powder. Repeat until desired thickness.
File, shape and buff all nails until satisfied and them apply base gel again, cure 1 min, then apply topcoat and cure 1 min.
How To Apply Gelly Tips using Gel Base
1. Prep your natural nails by pushing back invisible cuticle and wiping with alcohol.
2. Apply gel primer to all nails and cure 1 minute.
3. Apply a thin layer of gel base to all nails, and cure for 1 minute.
4. Apply Gel Base to the inside of your pre etched tip (the amount will be different for everyone, if you have flat nail beds you will need more and curved will need less) PRESS POWER ON YOUR GELLY LIGHT NOW WHILE YOUR HANDS ARE FREE
5. Gently place the tip with your opposite hand, onto your nail at a 45 degree angle and slowly press it down toward your free edge. Ensuring to press out any bubbles.
6. Hold the tip still under your light, the tip should flash cure in around 15 seconds.
7. repeat these steps on all nails.
8. Once you have all your tips applied, cure For an additional minute to complete the curing process.
follow instructions above to dip on top of your fresh set of Gelly tips 💖